HOME

Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Two Word, or Phrasal Verbs. Please fill in the blanks and check your answers by clicking on the drop down menu.

"Summer Evening" by Edward Hopper

1. Every morning, I have to my daughter at school.

2. Then, after her school is over, I .

3. After you the application form, to me and I'll check it over.

4. Before you leave the store at night, don't forget to all the lights, and don't forget to any tools that you used.

5. Excuse me. Your television is a little too loud and it bothers me. Could you possibly ?

6. It looks like we all of the dish soap. We'll have to buy some more the next time we go to the store.

7. I'm sorry you have the flu. I hope you soon.

8. We had to the picnic because the weather was terrible.

9. The decorations for the party are still on the walls of the living room. When are you going to ?

10. I haven't decided whether I want to take a credit course next semester or not. I really have to .

11. Guess who I last week? George Parker! I hadn't seen him in five years.

12. I invited Melissa to my party. I sent her the invitation three weeks ago, but I haven't yet.

13. Are you sure that jacket isn't too warm? You should . You'll feel more comfortable.

14. I cooked a lot of spaghetti, but it was very popular. I'm sorry to say that I've .

15. Your English composition has too many mistakes. You should probably .

16. If you forget the meaning of a word, you can always in the dictionary or online.

17. I'm a single mother. It hasn't been easy. I three children by myself.

18. Welcome to my party. Of course you want to know where you can put your coats. You can in the hall closet.

19. He tried to keep it a secret, but his wife that he was planning a surprise party for her.

20. Why are you so excited? She agreed to marry you, but that's no reason to jump up and down. Why don't you try to ?

21. I haven't my new computer yet. It's still in the box!

22. I have a new job. I hope I will my fellow workers.

23. Do you usually early? Yes, I do, because I have to be at work at 7:30 AM.

24. Do you have any more grammar exercises and pronunciation practice? No, I'm sorry. I .

25. My wife and I have a couple of interesting photograph albums. We yesterday.

26. There's no toothpaste left. We've .

27. I've lost my car keys. I have to .

28. I your phone number yesterday. But I can't remember where I .

"If you could say it in words, there would be no reason to paint" Edward Hopper


No comments:

Post a Comment